Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holiday Lust ????

The holiday season brings about a strange change in some people. Living with these four ladies, I've come to be very accepting of strange (at least to me) behavior but a recent event has left me stunned.

It was a rather cold evening and I had started a fire to warm the house as Big E and I enjoyed a rare moment without any of the kids in the house. We had been out to dinner and were sitting in the living room enjoying the warmth of the fire and a good movie.

I was feeling a little tired and run down from my recent travels. Big E on the other hand was relaxed and absorbed into the mood of the moment. As the night moved on, she decided that we should take advantage of the moment!!!

Now, as I mentioned, I was tired and simply wanted to enjoy a little peace and quiet in the company of my loving bride. In fact, despite the early hour I was ready to retire to the bed for a long slumber (or snoring session depending on who you believe). However, Big E was not ready to retire and had other things on her mind.

She softly requested a little favor of me that I insisted was unnecessary and due to my present state I was not prepared to do. Moments later she whispered to me the same request as if her seductive manner would change my mind. Again, I refused her request with slightly more vigor.

A moment later, she was attacking me, ripping and tearing with a fervor that I haven't experienced before. Screaming and begging followed on my behalf as I tried to explain to her that I was tired and did not feel ..... dramatic pause ..... another log on the fire was necessary as I was planning to retire soon, but she would have none of it and insisted not only that I add another log to the fire but that I also stay up with her to watch yet another chick flick on TV.

Just look at this picture to see the devastation of the moment ..... I guess I should be more willing to watch chick flicks in the future?

Ha Ha Ha ... Get your minds out of the gutter people. Ya'll should know that this is a family blog!!

The picture is the result or inspiration for that little story. The jeans were my favorite pair of jeans but to be honest they were done. There were sections of those pants that were so thin you could see through them. After a day of shopping, while gathering the bags the pants ripped straight down the backside. Since the pants were officially history and since Big E despised the pants, she decided to ripped them further until they could not be sewn back together as I had done more than once with that pair.

I couldn't let me favorite pair of jeans die without a little eulogy. I have replaced that pair of jeans with a new favorite pair. I hope this pair is as good to me as the previous pair.

Editors note: Tell me what you think of this post, Big E found it embarrassing and Little E said it wasn't funny. I on the other hand find this one to be very funny and a perfect ode to a perfect pair of pants.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you want the truth? I really and truly had a hard time keeping up with it and I really did not realize your jeans were torn. Sorry
On a scale of 0-5. With 5 being the best. I rate this as a 1.

Favorite Mother-n-law

Anonymous said...

Maybe I was a little rough on you. I will rate you a 3. I really did not notice your jeans torn.

Favorite Mother-n-law

Zwei Baby said...

For me, this kind of post is sort of what I expect from the blog. One that at the end has nothing to do with what you may have expected all along and usually involves someone in the family being embarrased!! I loved it :)
Can't wait to be home ... we are so excited about seeing you guys!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed ya'll eating with us today.

Favorite Mother-n-law