Friday, December 19, 2008

AC/DC in Atlanta

I mentioned briefly in an earlier post that Big E and I went to see AC/DC this week. If you are not familiar with AC/DC, then you can check them out here. Warning, if you dont like rock n roll, dont check out their website.

AC/DC is one of my top two of three bands of all time. Heck, they are the top band most of the time.

For those that read often enough, you know that I really like music and love going to concerts. In a few previous posts, I have described some of my concert exploits. This was my sixth or seventh time to see AC/DC over the years but it was Big Es first time to see them. In fact, it is only the fourth concert that I have been willing to take her to see (mainly because we dont see eye to eye on music). Luckily, Big E recognizes some of the bands songs and actually enjoys them too.

Since the concert was in Atlanta, I decided to trade in some of my well earned Hilton Honors points for a free night at the Embassy Suites directly across from the Phillips Arena. This location happens to be centered in the middle of downtown Atlanta within walking distance of The Olympic Park, The Georgia Aquarium, The World of Coca-Cola, The CNN Center, and the Georgia Dome. To say we were in the middle of everything is an understatement.

Before the show, Big E and I went to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner. If you are going to make a night out, might as well make it big. After dinner, we enjoyed the managers reception at the hotel before going to the show.

Once at the show, it was everything that we expected and more. We concert itself was awesome. In addition, it provided for a great opportunity to people watch. People watching is a favorite past time of ours at events of this nature. For this concert, it provided a special opportunity to people watch individuals between the ages of 6 and 60 in the same location. All I can say is that some people might want to consider dressing their age.....!!!!!!

Below are a few pictures from the show ...

A picture from our room overlooking the Olympic Park, at night.

A picture of the stage at one point during the show.

Another picture of the stage during the show.

A fun photo of the Legal Seafood resteraunt which sits next door to the Georgia Aquarium. We thought it was funny that those two sit side by side.

One of the explosive moments during the show.
All in all, we had a great time. The next day, we spent a couple of hours at the Ikea store in Atlanta. We purchased a few things at Ikea, so if you get them for Christmas, we got a great deal!!!!
I hope everyone is ready for Christmas. We are not fully finished yet, but we are having fun getting there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The last time I saw AC/DC was along time. I remember it like it was yesterday. I thought it was the best concert that I had ever been to even the tickets price was highly priced. But now before I used not to research enough to see if there were better pricing. But after finding this site, I’m so happy coz I ‘m saving some dollars via:
http://www.tickethold.com