Saturday, December 6, 2008

Guest Blog - Numero Cuatro

I got this one in this morning. I included her intro because I love the way she introduces the topic of the post. I will set this one up by saying that this guest blog stems from a phone conversation last week in which the blogger actually had to "call me right back" to handle a little situation.


Hey!
Sorry it took so long...been a little distracted by the sudden urge to craft :) I see how short and sweet your other guest posts are so I hope you don't mind a long one. It's just so hard to narrow down the Pee Pee subject! Congratulations on a whole year!! As we previously discussed …. Here it is:


For my guest blog I thought it would be interesting to cover the subject of Pee Pee. For a moment I thought it might be a bit inappropriate but then I remembered that this is your blog and there has already been quite a bit of potty talk here anyway!

On the subject of Pee Pee I tend to consider myself an expert. In my little corner of the world with two 4 year old boys it seems that life is really just about seeing it, smelling it, talking about it, finding it, cleaning it. Potty training was an interesting task and I just assumed that once we figured that out we would be golden (no pun intended) when it comes to Pee Pee. What I didn’t realize was that potty trained would just mean that they now had control over when and most importantly WHERE the Pee Pee would go.

Now rationally thinking the Pee Pee goes in the potty of course but in a toddler mind … it counts as long as it’s IN the bathroom. There are so many things to distract them that they may or may not pay attention the entire time the Pee Pee is coming out. It may be on the floor, on the shower curtain, splattered in the trash can next to the potty or anywhere else relatively close. This of course means that those proud moments of “Mommy, I went potty all by myself” are quickly followed by not so proud moments of “crap…now there is, at the least a smattering and at most an ocean of Pee Pee to be cleaned up”. Before you know it, your cleaning up Pee Pee while talking on the phone, taking a second look before you sit down yourself, rushing to be sure it’s all gone before your company comes over and in general on 24/7 Pee Pee watch!!

That’s my life at the moment all summed up in Pee Pee terms!

Congrats again on the anniversary .…. keep it up ….. I enjoy reading about what’s going on with everyone!!

Heather

No comments: