Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Special Day Blog One

Well, we are another day closer to the big day. I'll let part of the secret out of the bag today. If you've kept up with my blog for a while, you have read about me referring to the worlds greatest mother-in-law. I am truly grateful and blessed to know her. Many of you know her too and I know you agree.

This Saturday is her birthday. Since she has been going backwards with her years lately (or for more than a few years), she will be turning forty this Saturday.

Some people like to think that forty is a big birthday. Heck, I would if I was turning forty, but part of my joy would be simply making it that long. Today though, forty is really like the new "twenty". I mean getting to forty simply means that you are finally old enough to know better and still young enough to care less. Also, by forty you are probably far enough along in life to no longer care what others really think about you but not old enough to verbalize it out loud.

So, with that being said, happy early birthday to the worlds greatest mother-in-law. I hope that she gets to do everything she wants for her birthday.

As for the second part of the announcement, I'll save that for another day this week. Which of course means, there will be another post this week.

Now, for a little coupon update. I hope that I didn't bring anyone down with my disappointment about this weekends coupon situation. I still managed and executed a pretty good plan. Check out this picture...



Throw in three twelve-packs of Pepsi products and you have my total trip to CVS (twice) and Walgreens this weekend with total cost out of my pocket of $15.32. Thats

3 Twelve packs of Pepsi, 1 tube of Colgate Professional Strength enamal building toothpaste, 2 Cans of Oust Spray, 2 of the new Pledge Pet Hair Fabric Brushes, Scrubbing Bubbles for the bathroom, 2 Kleenex boxes with lotion, Pledge Multisurface cleaner, Right Guard Professional Strength, 2 70 foot Reynolds wrap, 2 Dry Roll-on Clinical Strength, Fruitopia Conditioner, a six-pack of toothbrushes and holder, Chap Stick, Walgreens Extra Strength Headache 20 CT Gel Pills, Peter Pan peanut butter, Healthy Choice Rotini lunch meal, 5 cans of Hunts tomato sauce, 4 packs of Stride gum and 2 packs of IceCubes gum.

I guess, I did OK and I will be getting another 20+ in rebates from Walgreens.

Last, I also got the coolest thing at CVS this week. I got a six pack of toothbrushes in a cheap plastic round white toothbrush holder for $1.00. Sure the brushes may end up being lousy after a couple of weeks, but you can use them in other ways too. For example, clean the wheels on your car, clean that nasty underside of your toilet or even the nasty bottom of the sink drains and tub drains. We use them to clean the grout of tile (a little mixture of water, lemon, clorex bleach and salt or arm and hammer). Regardless, you can find something todo with 6 toothbrushes for $1.00 dollar. Give them to a charity or church if nothing else, I bet they would love to have them.

Until next time, if you are in our part of Alabama, get your duck shoes ready, its going to be a long and wet week....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If all son-n-laws were as nice as you, what a wonderful world this would be. I have been blessed with three good son-n-laws, and I thank God for each of you. Thank you Steven and God bless you.

Your favorite Mother-n-law :)