Saturday, March 28, 2009

Special Day Blog Two

OK, so today is the BIG special day and you probably have already guessed but my mother-in-law really isn't the one turning 40. I won't say how young she is turning, but its a special day that we share together.

Yesterday was an awesome day. I took the day off work with Big E. We had plans to go for a round of golf, but those plans got rained out. Instead, we spent the day taking turns playing on the Wii.

For dinner, we decided to go to a local steakhouse for dinner. I didn't know it but Big E invited about sixteen others for the dinner too. WOW! It was really fun to get out and have a dinner with all of our friends. The dinner was a lot of fun and we carried the party over to one of the guys house for a little Rock Band II fun.

I want to say a big thanks to Big E for putting together all of the fun and to all those that particiapted. I really had a great time. I feel a little rough this morning, but it was well earned.

This morning, once we finally crawled out of bed, the girls surprised me with a little scavenger hunt for my birthday present. At the end of the hunt was a brand new special edition Xbox 360. It is exactly what I wanted. Now, having spent a couple of hours chasing zombies, I am ready to go to the store and grab another game or two.

To close out the birthday fun, Big E and I have a date tonight with my mom and dad. We are going out to dinner and to see James Gregory. James bills himself as the funniest man on Earth. This will be our second time to see him, ironically, the first time was last year on my birthday. I can't wait for tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 40 years! I kind of feel like I've been through them with you (ha ha).
Without being too sappy, let me just say that you have been a pleasure to your Day and me all these years; you have really become a fine "middle-aged" man, and one that I am proud to call "son".
I love you always.
Mom

Heather said...

Well..now we know who little miss anonymous is!
Hope you guys laughed your uhh..butts off at the funniest man alive show. Sorry I missed you when I called but at least I got to ask Jessica a million questions about her plans for the evening! I call tomorrow and see how the night went .... old man :)
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY .... I wish I could have been there!

Anonymous said...

Yes,we do share a special day. You are a joy to our family. You and Big E are so good for each other. I love all five of you, eh six no eight. Rusty and the cats, you know. Let's take a deep breath and face another adventureous year of living.

Favorite Mother-n-law