Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Tax Man Cometh ...

Its been a tough week and a half since the last post, but we've had a few things that may be of interest to share.

First, Big E got some exciting news at work. I'm not going to share it just yet but we are all very excited about it. I will probably be able to share it "officially" next time.

Sunday is Brook's birthday. She will be 15 this year. I know Brook hopes you didn't forget. It's hard to imagine that our "baby" has reached the learning to drive age. I guess it will be another brutal year of teaching for Big E. If you see Big E's car on the road, pull over just in case Brook is driving.

Brook hasn't decided where we are going for her birthday dinner yet. I have no doubt that it will be good though, she usually has good ideas for her birthday dinner. I'll give everyone an update next time.

We haven't been on the running trail much lately. My physical therapy has been a little tougher than I expected which means that I am too sore most days to consider running. I hope that after next week, I will be able to finally shake off the sore and stiffness so that I can get out on the road again. If we don't get started soon, I doubt we will be able to handle the run in April.

And now for the main event ... Paying taxes ....

As I mentioned last time, it is tax time (you probably knew that, huh?). I love this time of year. We get to learn how much (or little!!!) we earned this year and how much our government feels we should share for earning it.

This was the first year that Elizabeth and I decided to actually do them ourselves; together. I am very proud to say that we did not cuss or inflict damage upon each other during this process. I'm glad its done. Now, to quote Bill Cosby, "let the beatings begin!!!!!".

Its a yucky day outside, I think we are going to spend it inside straightening the house and watching TV. I hope you have a great day.

No comments: