Monday, January 12, 2009

Pre-Op Day

Thursday is the big day for my eyes. Big E is referring to this as my big "day of trust".

Today was the day to go back and double check the measurements, etc. In addition, I picked up the various types of eye drops and my favorite part of the prescriptions; Valium. The eye drops are for cleaning my eyes, the post-op irritation, antibiotics, etc. The Valium is to help with the nerves and to encourage me to sleep afterwards.

The surgery is Thursday morning at 8:00 AM. In all I should only be gone at the doctors office for 90 minutes but the surgery will only last about 10 seconds per eye. I am nervously anxious about the procedure.

All of this means that Wednesday will be "clean the house" day. The goal will be to rid the house of as much dust as possible. Considering that we have two cats and a dog, there is no such thing as getting rid of dust. However, any effort we can make to limit the possibility of infection afterwards will be a greatly appreciated.

Now back to Big Es little comment about Thursday. She decided that this will be her best opportunity to get revenge for those funny little comments that get said throughout the day. Today I accumulated a total of four little comments and according to her, each comment is equal to one wall that she doesn't plan to mention. Since I will be all but blind Thursday, it could be a bumpy day. So, if the next picture of me is without glasses but contains multiple bruises, you will know why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one told me about any surgery. Get some Murphy Oil and wipe over the furniture. Keep your bedroom door closed. Oh yes vacumm real good. Why are Mother-n-laws the last to know?

Favorite Mother-n-law

Zwei Baby said...

I am so super excited for you!! I am also so jealous!!
I've have tons of friends who've had the surgery and so far everyone has been really pleased. You'll do great just take that Valium as often as your allowed...take enough and you won't care about running into all those walls!!
Can't wait to hear how it goes!