Monday, November 26, 2007

Being on vacation ...

Last time I mentioned that it was a little too quiet around the house. If you have kids then you can understand that statement.

Last week was anything but quiet at the Lee house. To begin with, Big E and I took the week off work. We really needed a vacation (even though we had no plans for a trip, etc) or in this case, some time away from work. In addition, the girls were out of school for the week too. My sister and the twin boys (nearly 3 years of age) were in town too.

We spent a few days hanging with the little guys and doing fun things like playing monster, the playstation (they are really good!!), and generally screaming and laughing. The later seems to be a competition at times that is really funny and reallllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy loud.

I must mention that we took "the boys" to a local Japanesse steak house for lunch. Kabuki is one of our families favorite resteraunts. Of course we opted for the hibachi grill room so the boys could watch their food being prepared. Overall, the boys seemed to have a great time. The most amazing thing was watching Jacob use the chop sticks to eat his rice. That little guy couldnt grasp the concept of opening and closing the sticks around clumps of rice, but he mastered the art of sticks as a shovel technique. He liked the sticks so much that he took them home to be used again in the morning with his waffles. Im sure that his inner-Buddha was very proud.

Like most families, we had a big Thanksgiving lunch with various members of our family. I dont know how my mother can manage to cook that much food, for that many people and still have it all come together at the right time. As usual, the food was plentiful and excellent.

I am not a hunter, and I have no desire to ever do so. Dont get me wrong, I'm not a card carrying member of PETA, but getting up before the crack of dawn, in the cold to sit in a tree is not my idea of a fun way to hopefully prove I'm at the top of the food chain. I can prove that at the Publix across the street. However, our oldest daughter did kill her first deer this weekend. She and her father went a few times last year, but I dont think she ever took a shot. This year she got one on their first trip and she shot it on her own.

On a final note, Saturday is Big Elizabeth's big date. We are going to see Keith Urban for the umpteenth time this year. By no means is this guy or any other country artist on my must see list. However, if Elizabeth doesnt see another band in concert ever, she will see this guy every time he is within a reasonable distance (reasonable as defined by her not me, see the house rules).

For my part, I will give Keith credit for putting on a fun show (relative to country music) AND he attracts a LOT of ladies to his shows. For one night I am forgiven for the amount of beer that I drink and the number of young ladies that might get a second look.

Its a tough life, but its my life and I wouldnt trade it for anything.

No comments: