Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Level my ....

Sorry mom, but I couldn't help the title. It was just too good, once you read this update.

As I mentioned in the previous blog, I installed a new toilet on Sunday. I had a little trouble with the installation (self induced trouble). You can read the post, no need for me to recap.

Anyway, while I thought the toilet to be stable, my lovely and caring wife did not feel the same way. Apparently, when she used the toilet, it would rock a little from side to side. At the risk of getting into a LOOOOOOTTTTTTTT of trouble, I will simply say that I did not notice this issue when I used the new toilet.

I may be a risk taker (see the previous paragraph) but I am not a full blown idiot. So, we had one of the local plumbing companies out this morning to fix my mistake.

The end result was a $200 dollar learning experience for me. Some lessons are hard to learn, but this was not one of them. Even worse for me (and I haven't owned up to this one to Big E yet), is that Elizabeth suggested this solution but I blew her off. Can you imagine the trouble I am in now???????

The plumbers arrived and promptly walked in the door with the exact parts that Big and Little E purchased initially yesterday (again, see the post). Then they explained the process that they planned to use (which I told Big E would not work) and did it. No less than an hour later, the toilet was back in place, and did not rock (I tried really hard to make it rock but it wouldn't do it).

I see the crow, I grab the crow, and now I will proceed to eat the crow. The crow tastes terrible but will definitely be better than the crap that I will take from my lovely and caring little lady when she reads this one.

So fellows, the lesson learned from this one is to lie to your wife. No, no, no, that's not it. Maybe the lesson is ... If the toilet is a rockin, don't bother a knockin. No, no, no, that's not it either (but I thought a Stevie Ray Vaughn reference would be fun). Actually, the lesson is that if your lovely and caring wife offers a suggestion, it might be worth taking a minute from your disgusted, angered, childish temper tandrum and consider it. It might actually save you a little money (that could have been a down payment on a Playstation 3!!!!!)

OK, so I've told on myself, again. Does the title make sense now though? I thought this blog was supposed to be about the women in the house, not me. Lately, it seems to be more about me and the trouble I cause them. Arrgghh.

A little update on the walking and running. We are still following the Couch Potato to 5K podcasts.

Little Bit is way ahead of me (she is on week three) and I feel she is ready for the February 21 run. I am way behind (I am on week two) and not ready for the run. Big E is somewhere in between (she is ready to start week three) but she is ready for the run. I will try to post pictures and times of the race. If you need a great way to ease yourself into running, the podcasts are a great way to do it.

No comments: