Sunday, February 15, 2009

Coupon report

So I've been really working on the art of using coupons and store loyalty cards for the past two months. I had one of my best trips this morning and thought I would share it with you ...

This is my trip to CVS this morning ….

Products purchased (sorry I dont have a picture today)

3 Suave body Washes
2 Colgate Total Toothpaste
1 Charmin Ultra 9-pack
2 Herbal Essence Shampoo
1 Gillette Shampoo
1 Venus Razor Blades

Here is the breakdown on the costs ... ECB are "Extra Care Bucks" that you receive when you purchase certain products, etc. that can be used for future purchases at CVS.

Total value 35.93
Coupons Used 9.75
ECB Used 24.49
OOP 2.83
ECB Back 14.98

The plan would have been a little better but the store was out of Pringles, CVS children chewables and Bodiheat heating pads. The original plan would have cost me an extra 2 dollars and netted me an additional 5 dollars in ECB. I will go back later this week to finish the plan.

Stockpiling is awesome. I don’t have to purchase toothpaste for the rest of the year unless its free. I have enough mens shampoo to last the next two – three years for myself (so unless its free I don’t need it or I can give it away).

At this point, we have stockpiled:
6 toothpaste tubs
8 or more female shampoos
4 deodorants
2 packs of toilet paper
1 hair coloring thing
5 body washes
4 facial cleaner towelettes (those things are expensive)
and a small group of one off stuff.

Now, I need to start concentrating on the grocery bill a little more but grocery sales of stunk of late. We are low on meat, so I may have to break down and actually pay full price for a few things.

I'll keep everyone posted with more later.

No comments: