Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thieves ... Robbing me of my life

Its been a really long time since I've felt the desire to be as violent as I feel right now!!!

By nature, I am not a violent person. I do enjoy watching what many would consider to be violent television, movies and video games. However, none of those mediums are driving me to my present state of desire.

Let me admit that a majority of the blame needs to be laid squarely in the laps of Big E and I. Apparently, I have ignored my wife and kids telling me about our antivirus subscription lapsing; and as a result, the "kids" computer has been left without adequate antivirus, spyware and malware protection. At the same time, one might think that my wife would take it upon herself to resolve the issue or that one of our intelligent young daughters could have taken a little more initiative. Regardless, I am at fault (see I recognize who doesn't wear the pants in this house).

As for the little people who take it upon themselves to devote hours of potentially productive time creating computer viruses, maybe they would be better served to rot in a cell with a new "friend".

To "rid" myself of this problem, I have spent the past two nights reading other peoples thoughts on he problem (some not as nice as mine), restoring the computer back to its original software configuration, loading and unloading and reloading software, and now I am in the process of loading nearly 100 Windows updates.

Lesson Learned: if your not protected don't go surfing the Internet and if you don't know the application, don't download it (that one is for my girls).

No green tip this post. The reason for the lack of a green post is that I need time to absorb and put into action the previous posts AND I am tired from dealing with this stupid virus. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah, ROOLLLLLLLLLLLL TIIIIIIIIIIDDDDEEE!!! and WARRRRRRR CHICKEN for all my Auburn friends and family.

Speaking of Auburn, check out the Auburn Elvis here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Auburn Elvis rocks our socks! His next appearance will be at the Vanderbilt game.

Aaaaand... did you hear about our ebay auction?

It was Damon's idea, I swear!