Saturday, August 30, 2008

One from the Past ...

I really appreciate the compliments and comments for the week long updates. I am also very glad to say that I am at home to stay for a little while anyway. Of course that means that I will probably be writing a little less but hopefully I will be writing a little more about the girls.

Since returning home, I've spent the week wading my way through several hundred emails at work and another couple of hundred at home. In addition, I've got a tremendous amount of work to close out the MS project, and several other projects in the pipeline.

In the meantime, lets have a shout out for the ffffooooooottballlllllllllll season!!!!!! Elizabeth and I went to the Alabama Christian High School game last night against St. Jude High School. The game was the best high school game that I've ever attended. ACA won the game 34 - 27. The game was back and forth with several great hits and plays. Both teams should be commended for their effort.

Speaking of football, college football begins this weekend. Elizabeth and I have been glued to the various games since early afternoon. The only thing bad about the start of the college season is the quality of the season opener games. I hate to see blowouts, and that is generally the case for the season openers. Of course, Alabama is starting the season with Clemson, preseason ranked number 9.

Now, on with the main event ...

For several years, I was lucky enough to rewarded with a week at the beach trip (my company paid for the hotel or condo expenses for one week a year). Like many companies, we have looked for various ways to cut expenses, and regretfully our "free" week at the beach was one of those cuts. The beach being referred to was Panama City Beach, also known as the Redneck Riviera.

For the last year, Big E's mom and dad joined us for part of the trip. While we generally took this trip on our own, I really enjoyed having them with us. As you can imagine, we enjoyed going out to eat (something that I am always willing to do), and playing Yahtzee into the wee hours of the morning.

For one of our days out, we decided to play golf. Each year, Elizabeth and I would spend a day or two of our trip playing golf. Our favorite course in the area is the Hombre. The Hombre is a tough course, used yearly as a PGA Qualifying School course. If you are ever in the area, try the course, the course is tough but the staff is awesome and willing to help.

We decided to go play nine at the Hombre that day. To make matters even more enjoyable, we took the worlds greatest mother-in-law with us for her first day on the golf course. Understand, mom was not playing golf, she was there because she wanted to drive the cart.

I decided to pair up with her and let her "chaffeur" me around the course while BiG E and her father played and shared a cart. I usually like to drive the cart (this may have something to do with my OCD), but I was up for the challenge. With the exception of a few spots, she did a great job!!!

Around the fifth hole, we stopped at one of the many break locations (water and bathroom). The ladies decided that they needed a break from the action. I was thankful because the hole happened to be a very narrow shot lined with houses on each side. I was standing on the tee box trying to figure out how I wanted to approach the hole. After a few minutes, both Big E and her father appeared ready to play, so I positioned myself and readied to play.

About the time that I was ready to step up for my tee off, we heard the loudest and scariest screaming that I've ever heard. If I remember right, the screams were cries for help from above. Immediately, Big E sprang to attention and ran for the save. As for me and my father-in-law, we looked at each other wondering what in the world could possibly be wrong.

Now, if you looked at the website for the golf course, you know that the golf course is located on marshlands. So, my fear was a snake had found its way into the bathroom. Less than a minute later, I heard a second scream ......... of laughter and witnessed Big E running out of the bathroom. My mother-in-law noticed that a FROG was trying to escape the toilet while she was on it. At least I was partially right but thankfully I was wrong about the type of reptile.

Can you imagine? A FROG trying to escape while you are on the tiolet. That had to be absolutely terrifying to her, but one of the funniest things for me. I actually had to postpone teeing off in order to go potty myself. AWESOME!!!

We completed the evening with a great meal at Captian Anderson's restaraunt. If you havent eaten at Capn Anderson's, it is worth the trip alone.

Green Tip of the Post: Well, there isnt a new one. I have many of new posts but I've decided that we all need a little time to let the other posts sink in and become routine.

2 comments:

Our Family News. said...

Be very scared, your day is coming!
You didn't mention the birds.
Baby girl put you up to that.

Favorite Mother-n-law
JW

Zwei Baby said...

I have to admit a little chuckle (it would have louder but the kids are sleeping) at your favorite mother-in-laws expense with this story!!
Lord, please don't ever let that happen to me :)

ROLL TIDE!!