Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Night two for the week ...

Today went pretty well. We managed another successful implementation of new computer technology. I'm pretty wiped out so there isn't much to say about the day.

Tuesday: Oxford

Notice that I was in one town today. I don't get days like this too often, so I am happy about not having to travel to far. A couple of interesting notes about today though ..

1. We ate lunch at a small Japanese Steak house called Kabutki. Anyone familiar with Elizabeth and I knows that these are our favorite places to eat. Finding one in another city is usually not that difficult to do, but finding one that shares the name of our favorite steak house back home is different. Of particular interest at this location was the "hot" sauce that was offered with the rice. I'm not sure what was in the "sauce", more like a paste, but it was a little warm and had a very interesting taste. I will have to add this to my list of steak houses when I get home.

2. The college kids began to arrive today or maybe last night. All I know is that the town must have grown at least two times bigger overnight. Traffic was terrible this morning and even the locals were complaining about the number of new arrivals.

I didn't learn anything cool about the town today. In fact, I am so tired that I didn't bother to even go for a run or walk today. Three tacos and a couple of diet cokes for dinner and I am back at the hotel looking for an early turn in tonight. Hopefully I will get a good nights sleep and have more to offer tomorrow.

I will be in a new town tomorrow so I should have a little more to add.

Green tip of the post: Check with your local municipality about recycling, most offer information on the local cities website. Did you know that many places don't recycle glass or the majority of plastic? Many locales only recycle #1 and #2 plastics. You can find the number on the bottom of most plastics. If your town doesn't recycles items, find alternative uses for them:

1. Glass jars can be rinsed and reused as storage containers. Small jelly jars make awesome places to store buttons, screws, nails and other small items.
2. Another good use for glass jars is to store used cooking grease. Don't flush that stuff down the drain as the grease will stick to your pipes (even if you run hot water down the drain) and the grease will leach into local water supplies.
3. Plastic jugs like milk cartons can be cut into scoops simply by removing half of the bottom and cutting it at an angle.

1 comment:

Our Family News. said...

I can't believe you have written more. Keep it up.

Favorite Mother-n-law