Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Thoughts of Nothingness ...

I hope everyone is having an exciting week. As for the Lee house, it seems like one of those weeks when everything is slightly off kilter. Rather than boring you with the details, lets jump into some random thoughts for the week....


1. Brooke casually strolls into the house yesterday and announces that she ran a 9:30 minute mile at track practice yesterday. 9:30 minutes? I cant do that in my dreams much less for real. Hopefully this is a good sign that someone on that track team is working with the JV team.


2. Jessica's Valentines date must have gone pretty good. The young man treated her to dinner at his house (his grandmother's house). She said that he spread rose petals on the table and served ..... McDonalds!!!! Ah to be young again. Afterwards, they went to see a movie.


3. Big E and I didnt get to have a Valentine's date of our own, but we did get to have a wonderful evening without the girls. We don't have any details to share except to say that we ate an early dinner at Jim N Nicks that night and watched movies at the house the rest of the night. By the way, the horror movie that I bought her for Valentines Day was a good one ("The V Word" is part of the Master of Horrors series from Showtime). OK guys, you can be jealous that I can get away with a horror movie for Valentines Day.


4. Have you ever noticed the "Next Blog" , try it.

5. I friend of mine, Jarrad Glover, and his band completed the recording of their first album this week. I've mentioned the Honky Tonk Hustlas in previous posts. They play a cool blend of old school honky tonk country with a modern bad attitude. If you visit their Myspace page, Jarrad is the ugly one playing the stand up page.

So, this Saturday is the big day. I think the race starts at 8:30. I told Big E that she will not be allowed to participate in the race due to her cold. In her place, I have recruited Lil Bit to run the race. Regrettfully, Lil Bit will have zero training time, but she will probably whoop me anyway.

We will have pictures from Saturday. I will share those next time. In the meantime, remember the people of Prattville Alabama. Its been a long hard week for them. Thankfully, none of our friends or co-workers lost anything or suffered any damage.

No comments: