Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hook, Line and Sinker ...

Last time I concluded with "we might even have a little exciting news coming soon too!". I really didn't have any particular news in mind, but I figured that simple statement might stir up a bit of fun. Actually, that statement was meant specifically for my favorite mother-in-law. I figured if anybody would take the bait, it would be her.

Now, you can probably guess what my mother-in-law was thinking ... could the little sounds of a new baby be invading the Lee house!?! Obviously, Elizabeth was able to quickly squash that thought without much help from me, but that got her interested too.

At 10:00 AM the next morning, Elizabeth appeared at my desk (with phone attached to her ear) at work wanting to know about the big news. Since I hadn't told Big E about the post, she didn't know about the it either. Of course, I was laughing too hard to explain anything to her, but she figured it out without me saying a word.

What a hoot!

News about the girls is a little slow coming of late. There really isn't a lot to share:

1. Since Jessica took the ACT, she gets more mail than we do. I recently attended a financial aide program being presented by Huntingdon College. That was an eye opening experience. Looks like its time to start visiting campuses. For her part, we are hoping that she can improve her test score by at least 4 points and bring up her grades. Big E isnt a planner / orgnaizer kind a person at home, but she and I are going to have to dig in to the college costs and experience soon. Also, Jessica has her junior trip coming up in April. They are going to Boston and New York this year. I'm sure that will be a lot of fun.

2. Lil Bit keeps chugging along in school. This year she is taking her first AP class and one extra class to boot. I believe the game plan is to take four more AP classes (two per year) before graduating high school. I don't know how she does it. Speaking of trips, she is away this weekend on a youth trip.

3. Brook starts track this week. We are hoping that she takes a more active role with the team this year and really pours her energy into the races. She really has the potential but lacks a little of the drive. I hope that they can find a way to inspire her to give 100%.

Speaking of inspiration, Big E and I will be running (maybe walking) our first 5K for the year later this month. Big E ran several of these last year, while I watched from the sidelines. This year she has decided that I will be participating also. I would like to say that I am looking forward to it, but I'm not. We drove a course through the neighborhood last night to give me an idea of 5K (3.1 miles) and I was tired after driving it. I don't know how I am going to run / walk it. As a smart person once told me, one step at a time!!!

Its official, Big E and I will be celebrating our fifth anniversary at Disney World in Orlando. After considering the all-inclusive options offered by many of the islands resorts, taking a cruise, and Las Vegas, we finally settled on a trip back to Disney World.

We took the girls to Disney a few years ago and had a really good time. My sister was kind enough to allow us to stay with her for that trip. This time we are staying at one of the resorts at Disney and we are NOT taking the kids. The whole process to book our trip, book our dinner times, etc. has really been a lot of fun (for me, Elizabeth thinks it is stupid to book our dinner this far in advance). I'm sure we will have a great time and by that time we should be in better condition to handle all of the walking.

If anything, that is the big news (wink wink).

I hope the first month of 2008 was good for everyone. Its hard to believe that we are already in February.

Stephen

No comments: