Friday, May 29, 2009

Its like a broken record ...

You've probably already read this post before, but here we go again. It's another big weekend for Elizabeth as we head to Huntsville for a ..... guess ...... you know the guys name ...... its a concert event ..... Keith Urban concert.

Yep, its that time of the year again. This time will be a little extra special for her since she won a ticket to a "meet and greet" with the opening band, Dierks Bentley.

Actually, Dierks is probably my favorite country artist, so I will have a little better time than normal with this show.

Since the show is tomorrow, we have endured a one hour fashion show today to determine what she will be wearing tomorrow. I'm not really sure what outfit won, but I know there was some heated conversation between the girls about which outfit looked best, fit best and would be the most comfortable. For me, a pair of shorts, a t-shirt and a hat is all I need. I figure as long as I am covering the important bits and pieces, it will be all good.

We haven't been to Huntsville in a few years, so I am looking forward to the trip. It will also be our first trip in Big E's new car.

Skipping gears, Little Bit is headed for a mission trip this week. I think this will be the last year for her to get to go on this trip though. She is really excited about going. Be sure to ask her about it when you see her next.

One last thought, I celebrated my fifteenth year of working with the same company this past week. It's amazing to me that I have managed fifteen years with the same company (more than one third of my life) especially in my career field. I was honored with a little get together with all of my past / current managers and supervisors (a few stories were told there) and fellow employees. Some of them actually had a few nice things to say about me too!! It made me think that I am truly blessed to be able to work for such a great company (that is why I stay there).

That is about all I have for right now. I will say thanks to everyone who was so generous to Jessica for her graduation. I know that she really appreciates the gifts. I will also say thanks to those who have "raised" me at Alfa, I truly appreciate it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It always shows humility on one's part to thank his fellow co-workers for helping him to advance and grow in and with his "company".
But never forget that your own hard work and/or labor was an integral part of your achievement.
Congratulations on 15 years!