Sunday, May 17, 2009

Another Big Weekend ...

First let me say that I apologize to everyone for not keeping this blog up to date. I know that there are only a few individuals that actually check it out daily but I hate that I haven't been up to posting of late. To be honest, I've been a little tired lately.

Maybe it has something to do with the impending end of school year, or that Big E is working till 7:00 every night, or that I have a 3 million dollar computer hardware purchase hanging over my head, or maybe it is the girls and their everyday lives...... regardless, we are busy!

With that, let me hit the highlights of the last couple weeks.

We are approaching the end of the school year. For Jessica, high school is over. In fact, we went to the graduation ceremony today. I will try to post pictures of the big event tomorrow. The other two finish mid-week.

As you can imagine this was a big day at our house (and for the other 77 kids that graduated from ACA today). The ceremony was at 2:30 today. We had two rows of family show up for the event (almost 35 people between her Mom and Dad's family). I really appreciate everyone that made it out for the ceremony. For those that didn't make it, Jessica understands why and appreciates your thoughts and prayers.

Speaking of Jessica, she will be attending Faulkner University this fall. Faulkner is a local faith based university that is located next to the high school she is graduating from today. Jessica was awarded a "commuter scholarship", which covers half of the cost of her four year degree as long as she doesn't live on campus. This is such a benefit to both Jessica and us.

I still cant believe that our oldest will be going to college next year!!

For graduation, we purchased a new HP laptop for Jessica. Our hope is that she can make it through college with this computer.

As a true geek, I spent a little over twelve hours preparing the laptop for her. Maybe that is why I haven't been posting any blogs lately? As I was preparing her laptop, I got to thinking about what I was doing.

Rather than tearing off into a political tirade, let me say that protection is "nothing more than a tax on the innocent". I wish I could take credit for the statement or even remember who said it first. The bottom line is that regardless of what you are talking about; cars, homes, computers, or even our lives, protection is the price we pay for those that don't value those items like we do.

I will try to get a few pictures up tomorrow. Until then, have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is always a lot of expense when a child graduates. Then there is the emotional toll it takes on the parents, some of which comes only with the first one to accomplish this momentous feat.
Consider yourself lucky that Jessica is a "good" kid.
Here's to the "new" position you all find yourself in at this moment!