Sunday, April 6, 2008

A short one ...

Happy April! Did you try any April Fool's Day pranks? I did not, but I hope it worked it you did try one.

Little E and I were supposed to run another 5K race this weekend, but since neither of us were prepared we chickened out.

I finally got my haircut on my birthday (a number two clipper is long enough for me). At the rate that my hair grows, I can actually put off that stressful event for six months to a year. Afterwards, even after waiting that long between cuts, the floor barely has any hair on it.

Jessicas big trip is officially here. Apparently, a week long trip requires a weeks worth of shopping and buying. By the way, the key word in the previous sentence was buying (warm clothes, jackets, etc). Anyway, she leaves on Wednesday for Boston and Niagara Falls. Hopefully, we will get a full blog on that topic when she returns.

In case you missed it, the baseball season has officially kicked off. For our family, it means that we are in the process of determining our new favorite team. Since the Braves decided that they didnt need the services of Javy Lopez, they are no longer our favorite team. I missed the vote on that decision. Anyway, I havent been able to watch baseball since the first Braves spring training game (Javy was still with the team on that day!).

The Montgomery Biscuits had their second game of the season last night. If you aren't familiar with the "Biscuits", shame on you. Anyway, we were lucky enough to go to the company box seats for the evening. We had a great time; the Biscuits won the game and a nice fireworks display immediately followed the game.

So today, Big E and I were out at Target picking up a few items. We had a list about half mile long of needless, some what needed, and I cant go again without it items. After about an hour and half of walking through the place, we were finally at the check out. To speed things up, Elizabeth handed me two items (two new hair driers) to take to the 10 items or less lane. Without thinking, I took the driers and headed to the fast lane.

As I moved up to the counter for my turn to check out, the young lady behind the counter snickered. I looked a little perplexed by her reaction, so she commented ... "New hair driers huh?". After an uncomfortable pause of silence, I finally realized why she was laughing. Apparently, men with quarter inch long hair dont usually buy a hair dryer much less two.

No comments: