Sunday, June 22, 2008

A nothing day

Living with three teenage girls, one beautiful wife, way too many todos, and traveling (at least lately) leaves very few days when NOTHING is the most important thing on tap for the day. Today, is my nothing today.

That isnt to say that I havent accomplished anything though. Anyone who no knows me, knows that sitting still and doing nothing is not my style. With that being said, here is my day so far ...

1. Wake up (I actually slept till 8:30 AM)
2. Shower and feed the animals (both are my daily chores)
3. Install new rain drip on the roof, spread the ant and bug killer in the back, and replace the bulbs on the back porch (all were my on items so they dont count as work)
4. Watched a movie (Ocean Thirteen)
5. Got a haircut and bought more animal food
6. Organized the photos and videos on my computer (long overdue)
7. Drank some beer (Sorry mom, but its true) and probably will drink a couple of more
8. Chewed a little of the indian wackie weed (ahhh....Redman is the best)
9. Oh yeah, and Im tickling the keyboard now.
10. I plan on grilling a few steaks later....

That is a fairly relaxing day for me. I needed one.

15 minutes later ...

OK, so I decided that I needed to get to the grocery store and grab the grub for tonight. Here is the list of offerings ...

1. Meat is Ribeye (the best), New York and T-Bone steak
2. Grilled corn on the cob
3. Baked red potatoes with onions, garlic and olive oil
4. Sourdough bread loaf with olive oil and Italian dipping sauce seasonings
5. Angel food cake with strawberries and cool whip in the center and more drizzled aroun the top

Man, my kids eat good. I dont remember eating that good growing up. Now, I ate good, just differently good.

Anyway, the steaks are hanging tight in a mixture of olive oil and special seasonings. They will be ready in the next 20 - 30 minutes, so we better get this show on the road.

Lets cover a few random thoughts ....

1. In 2006, we had the Christmas Eve gathering at our house. There were many pictures taken but the one I am looking for is the family pictures where Rusty decided to join in. He sat in front of the family in several of the pictures but I dont have a copy of any of them. If you have this picture, please send to me (themtgylees@bellsouth.net).

2. Men, how many times have you managed to "scar" your kids? Let me further explain this one. I try to avoid being spotted in my under clothes by anyone other than my lucky bride. However, occassionally I am known to leave the bedroom in nothing more than my whities. Big E refers to this as scarring the children?!?! Being summer and the kids staying up later, the kids have had a string of incidences where they were "scarred" for a variety of reasons.

3. Losing weight is not a topic that I ever thought would be associated with me. I graduated from high school at a whopping 125 lbs at five foot eight (my height today). Somewhere around my late twenties, the drugs (legal, prescribed ones) and age slowed down my metabolism and I plumped up like a water ballon around the mid section. Alright, a few beers may have accumulated around there too?

Anyway, I am particpating in a "weight loss" contest with nine others at work. We have each kicked in thirty dollars for the winner to enjoy at the beach. The competition runs through August 27th (final weigh in). The winner will be determined by the weight lost, inches around the stomach lost, BMI improved, and blood pressure improvement. In reality, I am the second lightest and smallest guy in the competition so I dont stand much of chance BUT I am determined to at least drop ten pounds (down to 165) and most importantly drop 3 - 4 inches off the gut (my only real "fat" problem).

I am going to say this now ... I think the timing of the competition is a conspiracy against me. The reason is that I am traveling constantly and eating out, no place to run, workout, etc. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

4. I recently mentioned that we were looking into getting some work done in the girls bathroom. That is scheduled to begin on July 7th. Big E has handled all of this effort!!! I am excited to see what the new tile and door do for the bathroom. Im sure that I will end up painting the bathroom once it is completed too.

5. I dont know how but I almost forgot. Jessica had her senior portrait session on Thursday. I dont know exactly how long it took to take the pictures, but I do know that I made it from Hattiesburg, MS to Montgomery during the photo session. For my senior picture, we took one or two pictures not one or four hours to take the pictures!!! Does that mean I am better looking or have the times changed????????????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have a set of Flickr pictures from 2006 where Christmas Eve was at Albert & Linda's, not your house. Unless you are referring to some super secret Christmas Eve event we didn't participate in. :-)