Sunday, June 3, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

Tried a little something different!   Thats right, that is some electric RED hair.  


Big Elizabeth helped me with the color job (took an hour!).  The material was a gel type stain that mixed in and washed out with the first wash (thank goodness!).  I thought it would be a little fun to embarrass the kids since they have provided so many years of the same to us.

Although you cant see it in the picture, I looked like an evil Ronald McDonald!!! Hehehe.  I got my revenge somewhere in south Alabama as we stopped for lunch (on the way to the beach) and ate at McDonalds.  We (I) decided that we needed to eat inside and the place was PACKED!  Imagine the look on Brooke's face when she realized that she was going inside McDonalds with me, looking like that!  In addition, I managed to go to Publix, Winn-Dixie and some liqueur store too.  Bottom line, the kids either hated it or thought it was EXTREMELY funny.

We had a great weekend!  We spent Friday through Tuesday at the beach with John Michael's family.  There was 11 of us so we rented a large home on the beach.  That worked really well.  We grilled on the beach Friday night, ate at Angelo's Steak House (yummmm) Saturday, Captain Anderson's (double yummm) on Sunday and had a new experience at Dick's Last Resort on Monday.  

Dick's was unique in that the wait staff is supposed to be rude and our waiter was on par.  When Brooke requested lemon for her water, he brought her a lemon and a knife.  For her hat (a piece of paper folded into a hat that MOST dinners get), he wrote on Big Elizabeth's ... "The last time I got lucky, I yelled Bingo".  Pretty funny stuff until I realized that it was really making fun of me!  Special note, the waiter was really smart and did not make funny hats for the two guys paying the billl!!!!!

Anyway, we had a good time.  I, of course, will require a visit to the chiropractor now but that is my own ignorance.  Apparently, trampoline basketball is not healthy for a 43 year old back (especially not a fat 43 year old). BUT let me say that I spanked the kids at Laser Tag.

In addition to the great food, we managed a little fun on the beach too.  Well, everyone but Jeff (JM's dad) and I.  We spent the weekend shopping (weird for two dudes?), while they sat on the beach. We did get some good deals on shoes, shirts and hats AND we had a good chance to get to know each other better, talk business and basically try to act like 20 somethings.  Oh, that last part would have been Sunday night, when he and I decided that we could "Party like Rock Stars" with the 20 somethings.  Apparently, we can't!  I will leave that story "as is".

Now that we are back, let me throw a few additional details at you ....

1. Our bowling team is doing awesome, we are up to spot 8 out of 10.  Not bad for beginners.
2. Our bowling team needs to quit trying to shut down the bowling alley on Saturdays (I am too old for that).
3. I grilled some AMAZING steaks on Saturday before we went bowling.  
4. I smoked some AMAZING pork butt today!!!!!!  AMAZING!

Until next time, have some fun, its summer, enjoy the outside (in the shade) and remember that you only live once, enjoy it for all its worth!





No comments: