Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Rude Awakening

Time: 7:45

Date: Today

Location: The bed

Get your minds out of the gutter, this isnt that kind of a blog ....

If you have pets, you can attest to the fact that they can tell time. At least if you keep them on a fairly strict feeding schedule. For our animals, 6:30 is the time for the AM feeding and 5:00 is the time for the afternoon feeding.

This morning, I decided to sleep in a little. Around 6:45 the animals started to climb into the bed just to remind us of the time. By 7:15, the animals decided to start announcing their presence a little louder and with some authority.

Finally, at 7:45, our oldest cat Boo Boo decided that he had had enough and "popped" me up side my head. No kidding, the cat literally hit me in the head with his little paw. If it was any other animal ... but it was Boo Boo. Once I recovered from the shock I figured that at 17 years of age, he deserves a little break. Of course, if it happens again, he might get a break ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it, love it. I needed a good laugh this morning. Way to go Boo Boo!

Stephen you make my day.

Thanks,
Favorite Mother n law

Heather said...

17 years old ... seriously?
Good thing it wasn't Rusty smacking you in the head with his paw!

Anonymous said...

If and when Rusty smacks you in the head, we really need to know...the scars will be awesome!

Alli said...

I read a post from someone else about their cat calling them in the morning by using the page feature on the cordless phone. So, when Boo Boo gets that smart, let me know.

http://blog.meebo.com/?p=1404