Friday, October 9, 2009

Time for a new dog food brand

Rusty is our spoiled rotten chocolate lab. When I say spoiled rotten, I mean so spoiled that the girls are actually jealous of him. As much as I think that dog is dumb, he really is rather smart. Occasionally, he will do something that truly boggles my mind. Last night I had one of those moments. Thinking about it this morning, I have to question who the master is in our relationship.

I recently requested a free sample of Rachel Ray's new dog food. Yesterday, the freebie arrived packaged in a nice single serving box with a convenient little coupon tucked inside.

In typical Rusty style, he smelled the mailed as I brought it into the house. This is considered normal behaviour at our house. To his surprise, there was actually a little something in the mail for him. Usually, he takes a big whiff of the mail and moves on (he feels the same way we do when the bills arrive). Yesterday, he took a big whiff and started to beg and plead for the mail.

Since it was time to eat, I opened the package and gave him the sample of food. He really liked the new food and wanted more. Since I didnt have any more to give him, I gave him a few marshmellows (his favorite treat) instead.

After pouring the food in his bowl, I took the included coupon and placed in my stack of need to be filed coupons and went about my business.

Late last night, I heard a rather odd sound coming from the office and figured I better check it out. To my amazement, Rusty was proudly sitting in the middle of the floor with the coupon in his mouth. Thankfully, the coupon was sealed in a plastic wrapper. He was actually licking the plastic wrapper trying to get every last drop of dog food dust off of the wrapper!! In addition to the dog food sample, he had several other coupons (half eating) spread across the floor. I guess the other coupons in the stack had a little food dust on them too.

So, I guess this was his way of telling me that he really likes the food and would enjoy a change of pace. Of course, that means that I will be buying a bag when I go to Publix later today. See what I mean about who is the master?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Rusty.They are so smart.

I could picture him doing that.

Favorite Mother n law