Monday, July 14, 2008

Checking back in from the road ....

It's been a couple of weeks, so here is the best that I got. As you can probably guess, I've been traveling the highways and byways of Mississippi.

Since I have been traveling so much, I don't really have a lot to say about the homestead. In fact, I haven't seen the homestead too much lately. The girls bathroom has been re-tiled, but until I get home to paint it and the new door is hung, I don't want to share that with you yet. Since I will be home for the next two weeks (starting Friday I think), I should be able to paint it and have pictures up for everyone soon.

Speaking of traveling, I am in Hattiesburg, Columbia, McComb, and Meridian this week. Tonight is McComb. McComb is a small town not too far from Louisiana and is home to the Jerry Clower Museum. Other than the museum, they have a really good Mexican restaurant called "El Dorado" and a brand new Hampton Inn and Suites. Other than that, I don't really know.

I did hear some not so good news from the homestead tonight. Apparently Little E failed her driving test today. She said that she failed because a dog ran into the road during the test and she swerved into the left hand lane to miss the dog. I guess that maneuver was not a safe one as the tester failed her for it. I feel bad for her as 99% of us would have done the same thing, but we would have been wrong for that too. The correct action is to stop and honk at the dog till it moves out of the way. Hopefully we can take the test again and get beyond this problem (of course, that means the Lee household monthly insurance premium will be climbing even higher).

Other than that, I guess everything is in line at the house. I will be back in a few days so they better be when I get home.

Oh yes, an update on the toes, when does this stuff wear off? The Midnight Blue looks as good as it did on day one.

No comments: